1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Received the Pixel RC-201 Yesterday

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by slothead, Feb 22, 2013.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I ordered the Pixel RC-201 remote (cabled) release and received it yesterday. The model number would make you think that it was RF, but no, strictly a cabled remote. I tested it on both the EM-5 and the E-PL5 and it worked fine with both. Of course it plugs into the multi-function connector on both cameras. I did not test it in the bulb mode however - the trigger is able to be locked on for use of the Bulb setting without holding the button the whole time.

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

How do you rate the quality? I am always more leery of cheap products than pricey ones but sometimes the cheap ones are better.

3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Speed, I haven't spent a lot of time using it or examining it, but from what I have seen and done, I am presently surprised with its apparent quality. Who knows, it may fail next week, but it seems pretty "substantial" (whatever that means), I can say that it feels to me like better quality than the Phottix RF remote that I had for my Nikon D700 and D800.

• Like Like x 1
  4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Please post if you find it doesn't live up to expectations. I do prefer to spend less if I know an item will work. I may just pick one up, been needing to get one anyway.

5. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

I have been using mine for a week on both of my OMD and epl5 no problem, it was one of the cheapest remote cable i could find so i didn't expect much. I would say it worths the money, simple and effective