1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Receive $150 cash back on Select Olympus Lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by IDLookout, Mar 7, 2013.

1. IDLookout

IDLookout Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Thanks for the rebate info. Too bad I just bought a Pany 25mm lens. I would be taking advantage of this offer. I want the 12mm and/or the new 17mm.

3. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I've been looking at the 9-18 and was kind of regretting that I'd not ordered when it was $100 off. Well, I ordered today.

4. pcdawg

pcdawg Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2012
    Isn't one of the requirements th at you have to buy am olympus body as well?

5. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Hope not. I went to B & H, clicked on te 9-18, and they indicated they had a rebate for $150. So I don't think it's conditional on purchasing the E-M5.

6. BAPHA

BAPHA Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    It is, unfortunately. The rebate form doesn't clearly state that but if you click on the OMD product page on Olympus site you will find out. There is also another thread on this here under "Marketplace Deals..."

7. Cycleguy

Cycleguy New to Mu-43

Jan 28, 2013
    The rebate info says on the BH page.
    Get A $150 Mail-In Rebate With Purchase Of Select Olympus Lenses When Purchased Together With E-M5
    offer ends MAR 30 '13

8. judywisconsin

judywisconsin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I just checked B&H - the 2 lenses I was looking at both stated that the rebate was only eligible with the purchase of an EM-5. Bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Well then! That's that! And I made up a BIG wish list at B&H. Thanks for enlightening me.

10. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Yep, sorry....

You have to purchase a body in order to get a $150 rebate on any of the lenses.

11. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Must purchase a body.

The rebate form that I have clearly states that Lenses must be purchased at the same time as an Em-5 body with or without a kit lens.

12. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    You have to purchase the body and all of the lenses that you wish to purchase at the very same time and at the very same store to receive your rebate from the rebate center or your rebates will be denied. After checking with OLYMPUS Imaging America you can send your rebate in to them if you had to purchase lenses at a different store because of stores being out of stock, you can send your rebate in to a certain person in their offices and receive your check. Enclose a letter of explanation with your rebate.

13. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Olympus is not forthcoming on how to describe this deal. I saw a similar posting elsewhere and it makes the heart skip a beat when the come on is saving 150.00 per lens, as though it's standalone.

14. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Where oh where?

Yes, but the rebate states in big letters that the lenses must be purchased at the same time as an EM-5 body. My problem is just trying to find the lenses that I am interested in all at the same store as the body.

15. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I want to buy the OM-D in silver. I really want the Olympus 12mm too, but the price would come out to 650. I'd rather buy it used for 600. Every dollar counts for me now. :'(

16. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Whoops, I guess I need to read more carefully. May just keep the lens. I've been looking at getting one for a while.

17. suntoryjim

suntoryjim Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    Wow, thanks for this, not so much for the lens rebate, but for the $80 viewfinder rebate on the same page. I just bought the qualifying E-PL5 and VF-3 less than a week ago, so it's back to the store for a refund and re-purchase so that my receipt falls within the 3/7-3/30 purchase date requirement.

18. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Aside from just being an idiot I know how I decided this did not require a body purchase. If you click the link in the original post it takes you to a screen with offers, if you click on the lens offers it certainly implies there is no other purchase required. So now I'm back to being confused.

19. BAPHA

BAPHA Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    This is best seen on the OMD product page here: http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/digitalcameras/pen-omd/e-m5.html

It says in the blue banner: "Buy an E-M5, get $150 cash back on lenses. Claim up to 3 lenses for $450 in total savings! Ends 3/30/13. Download Rebate Form (PDF)"

Also, when you open said rebate form (http://cache.olympusamerica.com/static/getolympus/rebate_forms/3-7_to_3-30_Olympus_Lens_Rebate_Form.pdf) it states the same.

But yeah, I agree with everyone else on this not being clearly advertised. If anything, I wonder why Olympus did not add a notification on the lenses' page, too, about this deal.

BTW, Amazon has now added the rebate to their site http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_372325982_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1001072911&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=product-alert&pf_rd_r=16WSSDNB1XPC78PEHP3S&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1510716942&pf_rd_i=B0074WDFOK

20. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Aside from just being an idiot I know how I decided this did not require a body purchase. If you click the link in the original post it takes you to a screen with offers, if you click on the lens offers it certainly implies there is no other purchase required. So now I'm back to being confused.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. I originally thought the same thing. I was almost going to force myself to purchase the 12mm. Oh well maybe next time.