1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Receive $150 cash back on Select Olympus Lenses

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by MrPhotoBob, Mar 5, 2013.

1. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Olympus will have another sale on their lenses and cameras. The E-m5 body alone will be down $50, and some of their lenses will have a $150 rebate available. Each of their sale lenses are discounted $150 and you are allowed to purchase up to 3 lenses with your purchase of a new OMD body for a rebate and discount of up to $500. The sale will begin Thursday, March the 7 and will end Saturday March the 30. The actual lens rebate will be in the form of a check that must be cashed with in 90 days of issuance of the check, the camera will be discounted at the time of purchase. They are also offering the $150 rebate on their four thirds lenses as well. This sale is in the US, the copy of the rebate form that I saw did not mention any other locations.

Lenses: 17 1.8 and 2.8 Blk and Slv, 9-18, 14-150, 12, 45, 12-50 Blk and Slv, 75 and the 60.

You have the choice in Blk or slv of the body alone, body with 14-42 or body with 12-50 .

• Like Like x 2
  2. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    Thanks for heads up. Do you have to purchase the body to get the discount on lenses or there will be a separate discount on lenses only?

3. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Wisconsin
    well, this is timely since i need to replace my Oly 45 that was stolen last week. $250 is cheaper than what it is going for used these days.
    unless this is only with the purchase of an E-M5 like their previous rebates...
    thanks for the info!

4. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Please please please let me buy the 45 for $250!!! I will sell a guitar to make that happen!

5. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    If buying OM-D body is required and someone in Boston area is thinking about this deal, let me know if I can go in on the deal to get a lens since I already have OM-D. If required, we can work out some compensation for you.

6. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Yes, yes! Ditto that. If there's anybody that would accept a modest brokerage fee for a lens purchase, please let me know via PM. Thanks for considering!

7. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    Anyone receive their $150 back yet from the last offer? Still waiting on mine.

8. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Yes

It mentions that discounts are not valid with the purchase of a new OMD EM-5 body and lenses from a purchase at a Olympus or Dealer Employer store. You do have to purchase a new OMD EM-5 camera body with lenses in order to get the lens rebate.

9. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    Thanks for the info again. Bummer... maybe we should start a group buy and split as necessary. Olympus sells more bodies/lenses and people get what they need. Everybody wins! :drinks:

10. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Rebate status

The form that I have for the sale that will start on Thursday says that you can track your rebate status at (Olympus.rebateaccess.com). You might give it a try to see how your rebate is coming along.

11. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    I was referring to the last one about a month ago. No zip code for Canadian residence so the link doesn't help. My package was ordered not directly from the Olympus store, but a authorized seller. Read up to 2 months in some cases though.

12. BAPHA

BAPHA Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    Do you know which camera bodies will "unlock" the lenses rebate, aka epl5, epm2, etc?

13. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Items purchased in Canada

That rebate access site has access for items purchased in Canada a month ago.

14. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    OMD EM-5 Bodies

All of the OMD bodies only, with and without kit lenses. The bodies with kit lenses do not have rebates for lenses that are in the kits, although the 12-50 lens will have a rebates if purchased separately.

15. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Thank you for passing this along. Are you able to share the source of this good news?

--Ken

16. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    I would like to see too!
    Maybe Amazon will match it?

17. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Are you able to share the source of this good news?

While visiting a camera store a few days ago, I was told that there will be a drop in the price of the OMD body at their store, and that there was a rebate coming soon on lenses. A few days later I stopped by one of their other stores and inquired about a grip for the OMD and a used E-M5 that they had and mentioned the rebate on Olympus lenses. The salesman was not aware of it but stated that he would check their e-mail. Once he checked on it, he printed off the rebate form and gave me a copy of it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Anxiously awaiting! :thumbup:

--Ken

19. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    FYI, if you Google search you can get an Amazon page about another Oly rebate starting on the 7th as well for accessories. No camera purchase required for that one. I think both of these are replays of similar rebates in the past few months.

The OM-D lens rebate is really good. If I didn't already have that camera and most of the lenses I'd be all over it. No regrets in my case, wouldn't give up the past many months with my kit for the $450 - new baby in the house that wasn't going to wait for rebates or price drops :)

Ken

20. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    My problem is that I want to purchase a second body and a few lenses but the store that was nice enough to give me the information does not have all of the lenses that I am wanting. My question is, whether you have to buy your camera body and lenses all from the very same store and at the very same time, or can you search different stores during the rebate period to find the lenses you need and purchase them separately during that period and still get your rebates? The store offered to back order them for me.