Reasons to Upgrade to Full Frame

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by meyerweb, Jun 12, 2014.

1. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I don't usually link to DPR, but this one is too good not to. Next time someone asks you about FF, point them here:

(Just the first post. Many of the others are just sad.)
    • Like Like x 6
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Read it, felt like piping up; "but my full frame system only cost me $50!" Except linking back to the film thread here would prolly get me banned ;)
  3. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    Nice :)

As a former full frame owner, that definitely got me chuckling. I do miss aspects of my FF system, but the size and weight trade-offs are simply worth it for me.
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    #1 is the best. :)

And the number one reason to upgrade to a full frame camera...

1. You can stop posting questions titled "FF vs APS-C vs M4/3 ???"
    • Like Like x 4
  5. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I read it and it has some humor. But I find the format and brand war threads really tedious.
  6. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    As someone who owns and uses both m43 (EM1) and FF (5D Mk.II), they both have their pros and cons and one can be better than the other depending on the scenario. Thank goodness we have choices in life and for me, I choose to reap the benefits of both systems at my discretion.

Hell, I could come up with a "Top 10" list of why my compact Ricoh is superior to either of the above. Number 1 on the list would be:

- Because it's discreetly pocketable, even in my front pocket. Tried it with the above and got arrested for public indecency and lewdness.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. katiedaddy

katiedaddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2014
    MD, USA
    I am picking up FF for the reason #7! A good funny read.
  8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Humor folks, humor. The author of that post said himself, "not to be taken seriously."