1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Reason #117 I love my OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, Jun 17, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Random pointless post...but here's another reason I love my OM-D:

I programmed my AF/MF switch button onto my REC button and have set it up so that as soon as I touch the focus ring on the lens, I get the magnified view...this has made precise/night time shooting/focusing an absolute joy! My eye never has to leave the viewfinder, even if the camera's having trouble focusing!

With my DSLR (a Canon 5D Mark II, which I love very much and admittedly its low light focus abilities are significantly superior to that of the OM-D), if it fails to focus, I have to throw a physical switch on the lens to switch to MF, then turn on Live View, forcing me to use the LCD instead of the viewfinder, then magnify my focus point, then focus, then exit the magnified view to compose and then take the picture.

Whereas with the OM-D: I hit the REC button to switch to MF, focus, it automatically magnifies my focus point, then jumps back to normal view when I've finished focusing so I can compose, and take the picture.

That is all...just a random, pointless, I'm-so-freaking-happy-with-this-camera post.

Cheerio!
    T :)

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Where are the other #116 reasons located? :tongue: