Really short divider set?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Robbin, May 6, 2016.

1. Robbin

Robbin Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 1, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I just received my Think Tank Airport Essentials bag. My GX8 kit still has tons of room from top to bottom and I'm hoping to find a REALLY short set of dividers to go inside.

The low divider set from Think Tank is the same height as what is in the Airport Essentials. (I already own it from retrofitting another bag.)

Any suggestions on where to get 3" high dividers?

Scissors are not (yet) the answer.
  2. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    I'm not sure of the real size of the divider but there is this:
    Tool Box 8 | 636-243
    It's quite expensive though.

It's very difficult to find dividers... I tried to make some myself, I still have to improve the process;)
  3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

4. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Pricier than dividers, but I often use one or two of these LowePro Cirrus TLZ 5's without the straps inside my Domke F-832 either for a spare lens, spare body or combo (if its compact) and then another camera w/ lens in the body of the bag separated by the existing dividers. If I have a film camera with me as well I'll often wrap that in a sun-hat and micro-fibre cloth and drop it in, as they're less fragile and the covering serves multiple purposes.

I guess its a long winded way of suggesting removable self-contained sub-compartments :)
  5. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    I tend to go to a lot of estate and yard sales and I'm always finding loose dividers in old camera and video bags. They usually go for 50 cents each. Good place to start.
  6. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    What about the dividers out of a Tenba Tool Box 8:
    Tool Box 8 | 636-243
    Interior dimension is listed as 2.75"