1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Really Right Stuff BGX1- L Bracket for Panasonic DMC-GX1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by michaeln, Jun 20, 2012.

1. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I like to shoot landscape and HDR, and have been a habitual tripod user since I used to hump a 4x5 with a wooden tripod around the southwest USA. So, when I got my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1, one of the first things I thought about was a tripod setup for it (I already had a Sirui N-2204 carbon fiber setup, more stout than is needed for this little camera, but with tripods, stouter is better).

The tripod has a ball head, but I have never liked dropping the thing over into the slot for vertical shots (and I do a lot of those), so I was looking for an L-bracket.

I have owned several items from Really Right Stuff in the past (ball heads and L-brackets), and while there stuff is premium priced, they do provide super well engineered products with excellent workmanship for that money. The BGX-1 L bracket for the GX1 is no exception to that.

It fits like Panasonic designed it to be part of the camera, with the baseplate even following and extending the contour of the camera's grip. It's two piece so you can use the baseplate without the vertical bracket (although I don't think I ever would). They even designed it so you can easily get the battery / memory card door open with the bracket mounted, and because the cables attach on the right side of the GX1 you can easily use a wired release with the bracket on.

I only have one camera right now so I can't really take pictures of the bracket mounted on my camera, but there are excellent quality pictures of the rig on the RRS website.

Thumbs up again for Really Right Stuff! :2thumbs:

BGX1-L Set for Panasonic Lumix GX1 - BGX1-L-Set - Kit Configuration Page