Really need to delete images...

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by thearne3, May 17, 2010.

1. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Hi,

I just deleted my Alternatives to PaD album to clear some space on my account. I've mostly posted to my PaD blog and am approaching 100 days.

I'd like to be able to manage multiple images - either delete or (better) reference the same image elsewhere. Any way to do that? For example, changing the URL for the photo in a gallery to an external URL?

If not, I guess I'll be forced to delete old PaD images one by one...tedious!

It's nice to contribute pics that show up in galleries, but now that the site is established, perhaps PaDers should be referencing outside sources like Flickr more often?

Hope someone can help!

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Tom
    Either Amin or Brian can help with this. It's becoming an issue for a few members and they are working on the issue.
    Don

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Tom,

I posted my first 90 days to my gallery here on mu-43.com, and will reference all future images on my pbase (or other external) image hosting account.

I'm not sure that I'd recommend pbase over the other image hosting sites which now exist (and offer great features like embedded slide shows, sale of prints etc) - do you use anything at the moment?

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  4. thearne3

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Thanks, Don and Brian. I have been using Google's Picasa - first 1GB is free and you can set up multiple accounts. My most recent posts are links from there.

It still would be nice to have an easy way to manage photos on the site (delete, relink to outside site, etc). I hesitate to just delete photos, since there's no way to know in which threads they are being linked. I suppose anything over 90 days old really doesn't matter that much.

5. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    How about Fickr? That's where I post all my photos to begin with. I'm using Lightroom 3 beta 2 and I just drop them to a section there and hit publish. Couldn't be easier. I do have Pbase, Zen Folio and Mobile Me accounts as well but it takes a bit more work to publish to those.

6. thearne3

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Hi Lisa,

At this point there are lots of options. I like Flickr, too, but have used up all the free space there. ;-)

My hope remains that Amin and/or others are working on a less labor intensive way to delete (or better, redirect) files. By using the Galleries in some way, we contribute more broadly to the community - not just in a particular post.

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Tom, I hope that one of us will be able to get back to you with some helpful information soon. Hang in there a bit if you can.

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Unfortunately neither of those is possible. The gallery cannot pull from an external URL, and there is no bulk delete.