Really Great Deal on a nice LowePro Bag

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dougjgreen, Jun 16, 2013.

1. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Ebay Item: 180882533830 -Qty lots of them available.

Seller is selling the LowePro Edit 130 bag in dark blue color brand new for $7.99 including shipping in the U.S. Mine arrived today, and it's a high quality bag with ample size for any Micro 4/3 camera with lens, and room for one additional lens (or two if one of them is a pancake prime) plus batteries, memory cards, some filters, etc.

Other ebay sellers are selling the same bag in Burgundy for $9.99. or Black for $11.79. It's a good quality, good sized bag for Micro 4/3 outfits, and you can't beat the price of under $8 all in on the blue one ANYWHERE.

2. Jimbo3rd

Jimbo3rd Photog GoGo

Mar 10, 2011
    Central Florida/Disney area
    Jim Sullivan
    Looks like the same Lowepro bag that Newegg was selling for 4.99 in black. Bought one when they first ran the sale a couple weeks ago then 2 more for gifts just the other day.
    Check Newegg, may still have their sale on. Great little bag for my OMD, when going light.

3. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

Newegg was selling the Edit 140, not 130. To me they look the same except that the internal divider in the 140 is diagonal while in the 130 it goes straight across. I can fit my E-PL2 with 40-150mm lens attached into my 140. Not sure that would be possible in the 130.

Brian

4. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I notice that the Ebay ad that the OP identified offers free shipping. Unless the other options mentioned also offer free shipping, I'll bet it is the cheapest option out there.

5. Brian Beezley

Shipping was free from Newegg, though slow (six days from L.A. to San Diego). They did charge California sales tax. But right now Newegg lists the 140 as sold out.

Brian

6. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Looks like it is a narrower bag than the Edit 140 Newegg had. Which can be a good thing if you want to carry your gear with the strap, the Edit 140 is a bit too wide. This Edit 130 looks like you could fit a camera and an extra lens easily, where the 140 is a camera and 2 or 3 extra lenses.

The quality is very good, compared to any other bag at this price or the free bags some retailers give away with kits this is much better.

(I ended up using my Edit 140 from Newegg to hold my old OM2 + 3 OM lenses.)

7. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The divider attaches via velcro, and you can move it around - you could make it diagonal or straight across to alter the way the storage is divided. You can definitely fit a Panny G5 and their 45-150 in it - I'm doing it.

8. Brian Beezley

Thanks! I never realized that. Although my current kit fits perfectly, I'm sure being able to move the divider will come in handy some day.

Brian

P.S. I just looked at a photo of the 130. It looks like both ends of the divider use Velcro. In my 140, one end is stitched into a corner and can't be moved. The other end has Velcro and can be attached as far as 3/4 the way to the diagonal corner.

9. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Decided to go ahead and order one as a travel bag... for the price I might as well have it hanging around for when I only want to bring a 2 or 3 lens kit with me.

10. aldus

aldus Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Dennis Moser
    Actually, this is a MUCH better deal than the NewEgg one, if you're lucky/unlucky enough to live in Alaska — the eBay seller is offering free shipping to Alaska.

NewEgg was charging nearly 6x the cost of the bag for shipping (and it was the only option available).

11. Brian Beezley

More than a year after getting the Lowepro Edit 140 bag, I thought I would post a follow-up. The bag has worked great for me. It carries my E-PL2 with 40-150mm attached, 14-42mm kit lens, one additional small lens, and all my accessories. The only negative to report is that the Velcro is starting to lose its grip. I like to close the bag without zippering it and rely on the Velcro to keep it closed. Since I carry the bag by the handle on top, if the Velcro comes loose the bag can open. I haven't spilled my camera yet, but it's possible. Zippering one side partway will keep the bag closed.

I don't know if the bag is still available for $8 delivered, but I highly recommend it for a small camera kit.

Brian