Really Dumb Question (new user)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by canerino, Sep 7, 2012.

1. canerino

canerino New to Mu-43

Aug 23, 2012
    Greetings all!

I bought an OMD here about two weeks ago and just received my lens yesterday...so I'm VERY new to the system.

I wanted to try out the tilt screen, but when I tilt it out, there is nothing displayed. I can see the 'supermenu', but I cannot see the scene I am trying to photograph.

I'm sure its a setting, but I couldnt seem to find anything through the menu.

Also, isnt there a way to just touch the screen and take the photo when its tilted out? I cannot even see the scene.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck

2. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    There is a small button on the side of the evf (electronic viewfinder) push that and it will change modes. Once the mode changes you can touch the screen to take a shot.

Peace and enjoy your new toy!

3. canerino

canerino New to Mu-43

Aug 23, 2012
    bluz, you made me a very happy man! thanks brother!

4. mguffin

mguffin Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Westwood, NJ
    Don't you wish all problems were that easy...

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    canerino, somewhere here there are a couple of threads with a lot of information, or links to information, about setting up your OM-D, with an eye to the new users. Search them out and go through them with camera in hand.

6. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    It's easier if you read the manual!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.