1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Really dumb question about EP 5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nishendu, Nov 5, 2014.

1. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    I have ep 2 and ep 5. Is there any way to manually focus on ep5 like I can on Ep 2? I know it may sound dumb but I have read the manual and looked at reviews on you tube. There a lot of talk about focus peaking but that is not what I am looking for.

2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    What does "like I can on EP2" mean?

You can, of course, manually focus on EP5. Make sure focus mode is set to AF-S + M or just M. Available in the menus, or via Super Control Panel.

3. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    I carry two cameras. EP2 and EP 5 I cannot find where the manual focus control is on EP 5.

4. zathras

zathras Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2014
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Chris Nielsen
    Do you mean you can't see in the menu how to switch manual focus on, or do you mean you can't see how to operate the focus? You have a focus ring on your lens, do you not?

5. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    Alan
    yes, just set the AF mode (AF/M option from the custom menu) to include manual focus, and turn the focus ring.

Focus peaking works with manual focus to make it so much easier to get the focus just right.

6. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    Well, I have a focus ring but when I put the camera in manual mode, it does not operate. Could it be because I have an older 4/3 lens? I really don't want to use the focus peaking unless I have to.