Really dumb question about EP 5

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
I have ep 2 and ep 5. Is there any way to manually focus on ep5 like I can on Ep 2? I know it may sound dumb but I have read the manual and looked at reviews on you tube. There a lot of talk about focus peaking but that is not what I am looking for.

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
What does "like I can on EP2" mean?

You can, of course, manually focus on EP5. Make sure focus mode is set to AF-S + M or just M. Available in the menus, or via Super Control Panel.

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
What does "like I can on EP2" mean?

You can, of course, manually focus on EP5. Make sure focus mode is set to AF-S + M or just M. Available in the menus, or via Super Control Panel.
I carry two cameras. EP2 and EP 5 I cannot find where the manual focus control is on EP 5.

zathras

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris Nielsen
I carry two cameras. EP2 and EP 5 I cannot find where the manual focus control is on EP 5.
Do you mean you can't see in the menu how to switch manual focus on, or do you mean you can't see how to operate the focus? You have a focus ring on your lens, do you not?

betamax

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alan
yes, just set the AF mode (AF/M option from the custom menu) to include manual focus, and turn the focus ring.

Focus peaking works with manual focus to make it so much easier to get the focus just right.

nishendu

Mu-43 Regular
Well, I have a focus ring but when I put the camera in manual mode, it does not operate. Could it be because I have an older 4/3 lens? I really don't want to use the focus peaking unless I have to.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom