Real Estate photography

Jan68

Mu-43 Regular
Hi, just looking for some thoughts here.
I am shooting Real Estate photos right now with a Canon T4i and the 10-18 STM lens. All my other photography I'm doing Olympus, E-M1 I, E-M5 II, lenses as wide as 12mm (not quite wide enough).
Now I have about $600 to spend and thinking about getting a used Panasonic 7-14 to shoot Real Estate with the E-M5 II. The Olympus offers me more bracketing options and the picture quality is more than enough, especially with stacking photos in post. Is anybody shooting Real Estate (interior shots) with that lens? In this budget I could only get the Olympus 9-18 or the Laowa 7.5. Is there a good reason NOT to shoot Real Estate in Micro 4/3? Optional, I could upgrade the Canon body and keep shooting that 10-18, but the idea is to finally work only in one system.
Thanks, any input is appreciated!

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Hi, just looking for some thoughts here.
I am shooting Real Estate photos right now with a Canon T4i and the 10-18 STM lens. All my other photography I'm doing Olympus, E-M1 I, E-M5 II, lenses as wide as 12mm (not quite wide enough).
Now I have about $600 to spend and thinking about getting a used Panasonic 7-14 to shoot Real Estate with the E-M5 II. The Olympus offers me more bracketing options and the picture quality is more than enough, especially with stacking photos in post. Is anybody shooting Real Estate (interior shots) with that lens? In this budget I could only get the Olympus 9-18 or the Laowa 7.5. Is there a good reason NOT to shoot Real Estate in Micro 4/3? Optional, I could upgrade the Canon body and keep shooting that 10-18, but the idea is to finally work only in one system.
Thanks, any input is appreciated!
I can't see any reason to not shoot real estate photos with your m43 - I shot all of the interior and exterior image for the sales brochures when we sold our last place:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Hi, the 4/3 ZD 7-14/4 are a bargain, and would work well on your E-M1 with an Oly or Panasonic adapter (do NOT get a third-party adapter for UWA).
It is considered to be the best UWA zoom ever made.
Also, it can be tricked into doing f/2.8.
It's pretty heavy though.

Jan68

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the info, I heard about that problem. I also read that it's especially showing up with bright light sources in darker rooms or with a mix of ambient and natural light, and that's exactly what I'm dealing with shooting interior...
Some people say you can avoid it with moving the camera a bit or remove it in post, but with the amount of pictures I take, every step matters...
Guess I have to stick with my 2 system setup then.

Thanks again!

tjdean01

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm a real estate professional and I use the Bower/Rokinon fisheye and then use Adobe Lightroom to defish the image.

I'm not saying I did a great job on any of these attached, nor are they my best examples, but, just for a quick look at what you can easily do with the fisheye. If there is too much distortion there for you you can always make it less.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom