1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ready to Macro

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by mcasan, Apr 2, 2014.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Macro Arm Light atop an E-M1, mounted in an RRS L plate, held by a Sunwayphoto lever clamp, atop Joby Gorilla legs. :wink:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Now if those flowers would only stay still! :biggrin:

--Ken

3. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Copy that! Insects also!!!!

This weekend we are attending a Mike Moats Macro Boot Camp. It should be a hoot! We be ready. :biggrin:

4. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
  5. db96

db96 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Two big general questions of you...
    Do you like the olympus macro arm light? I figure at the current sale price, I can't go wrong.
    How was the Boot Camp? Review needed!!

6. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    nice utils, might need something like this later

7. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I also have the macro light. If you can get it at a good price and are shooting a lot of macro shots, it can help with adjusting the light on your subject. It is easier to use when the camera is on a tripod, because then you can adjust each arm accordingly. There are other lights that perform in a similar manner, but I got mine on a good sale from Olympus. Also note, if you are expecting a lot of light output, look elsewhere. This is mostly a flexible fill light that can eliminate shadows.

Good luck,

--Ken

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.