Re Movie Button

Tclement

Mu-43 Rookie
I have a OMD-E-10 Mark II

Suddenly the red movie button will not start a movie - the dial is on Movie - and I am not able to change it even in the Button Function set up.
Any Clues?

RAH

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rich
Do you mean that if you change it to something else in the Button Function area, it does not do that different function either? If so, it sure looks as though the button is broken (I mean, it doesn't seem that the video mode is broken). But if you switch it to something else and that works, then it seems that the button is functioning but the video is broken.

As a test, if you assign video to some other button (if possible; I'm not sure it is possible), does the video then work with that button? If not, then the video is broken.

Tclement

Mu-43 Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you mean that if you change it to something else in the Button Function area, it does not do that different function either? If so, it sure looks as though the button is broken (I mean, it doesn't seem that the video mode is broken). But if you switch it to something else and that works, then it seems that the button is functioning but the video is broken.

As a test, if you assign video to some other button (if possible; I'm not sure it is possible), does the video then work with that button? If not, then the video is broken.

Tclement

Mu-43 Rookie
The red button can be assigned like every other button - but not video.
I can assign F2 for video - but of course I don't want that.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
The red button can be assigned like every other button - but not video.
I can assign F2 for video - but of course I don't want that.
Can you do it temporarily to see if it works? You're going to have to do this by the process of elimination.

Assign video to F2 and see if it works.
Assign another function to the red button and see if it works.

Rob Trek

Rob Trek on Youtube
It's possible you have your shutter button assigned to record. This disables the record button. Check in your movie menu to assign the shutter button.

Tclement

Mu-43 Rookie
Things are crazy with the virus but last night I decided to hit reset (and lose all my personal settings) and what do you know - everything is now as it should be.
Except when I try to shoot a pan the ISO seems to be stuck on 200 asa. Any clues.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom