Re-attaching Pen-F rubber thumb grip

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Some will say double sided tape, others swear by contact adhesive. Superglu, sending it to be repaired out of warranty for £145, whatever.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
This worked for me; recommended by a fellow forum member. It has a little bit of flex which can be advantageous over a rigid adhesive in this application.

Pliobond

ADemuth

Mu-43 Veteran
Get some Sugru and make your own! I wore through my thumb grip on my E-P5 and needed a new one. I removed the old one and cleaned all the adhesive off, put some Sugru on it and shaped it to my liking (better than the original, for me) and then took some crumpled then uncrumpled aluminum foil and lightly pressed it into it to give it a leatherette finish. Looked like the real deal, except it was fitted to my preferences and it's grippier then the factory rubber. It stayed on for a couple of years until I needed to replace the screen flex cable and I removed it searching for one of the 127 screws I needed to take the dang thing apart. I cut the majority off with a knife and scraped the leftover bits off with a plastic spudger.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom