1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Raynox DRC-250

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Neil_jo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Neil_jo

Neil_jo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    Hi, I've noticed macro shooters using the Raynox 150 and 250 macro lens attachments on their Olympus 60mm f/2.8 macros and was wondering how they fit on this lens. Is it as simple as a 46 - 52mm step up ring? Or is there another way?

Thanks
    Neil

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I use a step up ring. Suspect others do the same. Note - it does come with a clip on attachment (like a lens cap) to fit a variety of lens diameters or you can dismount it and screw it directly on like most diopters. Regardless, you do need a step up ring as the 60 is quite a narrow lens.

From a previous thread, looks like you can go either way (I stepped-up) - Oly. 60mm + raynox dcr-250. What step up ring?

3. Neil_jo

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    Thanks phigmov, I guess either up or down would work but I'll start with a 46 - 52 step up first and see how it goes.

Neil

4. Mike Wingate

Mike Wingate Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 21, 2017
    Altrincham
    Mike Wingate
    I use the clip on ring on my DCR 250.

5. junkyardsparkle

junkyardsparkle haunted scrap heap Subscribing Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Like, The Valley
    Since using the 250 effectively on the 60/2.8 involves really small working distances, my personal preference is to use a 46>43 step-down ring to keep the extra bulk from getting in the way... in fact, I even went so far as to shave down the molded flange... it helps when you're trying to get the lens as close against a surface as possible for low-angle shots.

6. Neil_jo

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    Thanks for the help I ordered the Raynox and a 46-52m step up ring and will see how that works for now.

Thanks Neil

7. peter_4059

peter_4059 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2018
    Brisbane, Australia
    Peter
    Is there a distributor for Raynox in Australia? I'm interested in giving one a try on the 60mm macro.

8. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Suspect you could just order one in from a brick & mortar store.

Looks like ebay AU has them anywhere from $90 to $150ish depending on source -
    raynox dcr 250 | eBay

9. I've got a $65 bid (50+15 postage) on a 250 atm Peter that I really don't need as I have 2 other achromats. It's an impulse bid with no other bids so if I get it and it's in good nick, you're welcome to give it a look over and buy off me otherwise at that price I'm prepared to hang onto it if I win the bid.

10. Just won it! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.