Raynox DCR-250

Neil_jo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Neil Johnson
Hi, I've noticed macro shooters using the Raynox 150 and 250 macro lens attachments on their Olympus 60mm f/2.8 macros and was wondering how they fit on this lens. Is it as simple as a 46 - 52mm step up ring? Or is there another way?

Thanks
Neil

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I use a step up ring. Suspect others do the same. Note - it does come with a clip on attachment (like a lens cap) to fit a variety of lens diameters or you can dismount it and screw it directly on like most diopters. Regardless, you do need a step up ring as the 60 is quite a narrow lens.

From a previous thread, looks like you can go either way (I stepped-up) - Oly. 60mm + raynox dcr-250. What step up ring?

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
Since using the 250 effectively on the 60/2.8 involves really small working distances, my personal preference is to use a 46>43 step-down ring to keep the extra bulk from getting in the way... in fact, I even went so far as to shave down the molded flange... it helps when you're trying to get the lens as close against a surface as possible for low-angle shots.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
Is there a distributor for Raynox in Australia? I'm interested in giving one a try on the 60mm macro.
I've got a $65 bid (50+15 postage) on a 250 atm Peter that I really don't need as I have 2 other achromats. It's an impulse bid with no other bids so if I get it and it's in good nick, you're welcome to give it a look over and buy off me otherwise at that price I'm prepared to hang onto it if I win the bid.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
I've got a $65 bid (50+15 postage) on a 250 atm Peter that I really don't need as I have 2 other achromats. It's an impulse bid with no other bids so if I get it and it's in good nick, you're welcome to give it a look over and buy off me otherwise at that price I'm prepared to hang onto it if I win the bid.
Just won it! :)

Neil_jo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Neil Johnson
Well I got the Raynox 250 and the step up ring but decided to get a 46-43mm stepdown ring for my 60mm macro and mount it directly to my lens. I didn't really trust the clip on ring and noticed a couple of times that it wasn't on straight. Plus a got a 49-55mm step up ring to mount my ring flash.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom