Raynox DCR-250 Macro diopter lens

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
Someone asked to see the Raynox DCR-250 lens attached to the 14-45mm so here it is with my new spare battery that cost me £17.99!!!

Raynoxdcr250.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
It looks like this add-on lens can produce really good shots.
andyw, is there anything that you don't like about it? :)

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
It looks like this add-on lens can produce really good shots.
andyw, is there anything that you don't like about it? :)

I wish it could fit on smaller lenses as 52mm is the minimum but apart from that no it's superb!!

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Thought there might have been a Showcase for the Raynox but couldn't find it. Plonking this here instead.

Finally got a step up ring to mount directly onto my Oly 60mm without the clip on (I had no idea!) Much handier to use this way and you don't worry about the spring-loaded 'wings' getting in the way or losing grippiness.

MLheuYt-MP_cOfafmRXPyZpxwASlPIcw0j7ZNE0rxA04qWRX6ld--uL37KwK1xvVSUk4JxORmZcs_Cm28=w1444-h1084-no.jpg

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
Thought there might have been a Showcase for the Raynox but couldn't find it. Plonking this here instead.

Finally got a step up ring to mount directly onto my Oly 60mm without the clip on (I had no idea!) Much handier to use this way and you don't worry about the spring-loaded 'wings' getting in the way or losing grippiness.

MLheuYt-MP_cOfafmRXPyZpxwASlPIcw0j7ZNE0rxA04qWRX6ld--uL37KwK1xvVSUk4JxORmZcs_Cm28=w1444-h1084-no.jpg
Very nice.

There were a thread where people posted some images from the Raynox converters a while ago. I'll see if I can dig up the thread. Among others, @CyVan has been posting a lot of great images with it and the 60mm macro in the 60mm thread. I only have the Raynox-150 which I use with my 14-150II. Haven't used it much recently, maybe time to get it out. And just for information, the Raynox has a 43mm thread on the lens side, so you need a xx-43mm step-up or step-down ring to mount it without the wings.

[Edit]
There is also this thread which you might find interesting: Macro shots with E-M5/Oly 60mm/Raynox DCR-250 (high res.)

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Very nice.
And just for information, the Raynox has a 43mm thread on the lens side, so you need a xx-43mm step-up or step-down ring to mount it without the wings.

Cheers SVQuant, I'd been using a 46 to 52 step up ring for the clip-on until I read on the forum you could just unscrew and mount direct if you used the right step down (gah!). Got a 52 to 43 step down and a few other step-up/down combos to cover my other macros (adapted Nikon & Oly 50mm).

When I get some more shots in I'll start a Showcase thread if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Cheers SVQuant, I'd been using a 46 to 52 step up ring for the clip-on until I read on the forum you could just unscrew and mount direct if you used the right step down (gah!). Got a 52 to 43 step down and a few other step-up/down combos to cover my other macros (adapted Nikon & Oly 50mm).

When I get some more shots in I'll start a Showcase thread if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

I find I use it after I take all my normal shots of a subject. Nowadays I prefer to get more of the subject in focus from further away and then crop in tight /w some noise reduction. I then use the Raynox to try and get some close-in detail shots but if it doesn't work out I still have some usable shots I can revert to.

In terms of mounting , since I need it to clip on and off fairly quickly while shooting , I actually mount it into the JJC 3rd party lens hood directly. Once the hood is pulled back properly it clips in securely, no adjustment rings required :)
upload_2017-4-27_2-9-23.png

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I bought mine on eBay for £30, good as new. I use it on my P 14-140 at full zoom, or clipped on to the lens hood of the OL 60 as CyVan suggested. I am very impressed with it and carry it around with the P14-140. I am carrying it in its big box at the moment, but will carry it assembled when I work out how to protect the inside of the lens, maybe a spring lenscap?

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
I bought mine on eBay for £30, good as new. I use it on my P 14-140 at full zoom, or clipped on to the lens hood of the OL 60 as CyVan suggested. I am very impressed with it and carry it around with the P14-140. I am carrying it in its big box at the moment, but will carry it assembled when I work out how to protect the inside of the lens, maybe a spring lenscap?
Try a stack cap?

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro

I just place mine in a microfiber cloth pouch my old sunglasses came in and slip it into one of the side sleeves of my PD range pouch. The pouch also has my speedlight. and ND filters.
upload_2017-4-27_3-8-23.png

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Just ordered a 49mm lens cap and a Canon rear lens cap to safely carry the Raynox assembled.

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
I've had the 250 for some time, but just got the Oly60. Might need to try this once I get my skills with the 60 improved a bit.

haunted scrap heap
Well, since we're having Raynox show-and-tell... here's my low-profile version:
f4272082.jpg

With the short working distance on the 60mm, I really want that thing to stay out of the way as much as possible. Here it is in pocket mode:
e4279715.jpg

The 46mm push-on cap I originally found for the threaded end became the front cap after the modification, so now an old step-up ring with some tape on it serves at a stack-cap... it's a little slow to unthread, though, so I should probably get another push-on...

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Well, since we're having Raynox show-and-tell... here's my low-profile version:
View attachment 532607
With the short working distance on the 60mm, I really want that thing to stay out of the way as much as possible. Here it is in pocket mode:
View attachment 532608
The 46mm push-on cap I originally found for the threaded end became the front cap after the modification, so now an old step-up ring with some tape on it serves at a stack-cap... it's a little slow to unthread, though, so I should probably get another push-on...
let's see the diffuser...

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
I had mine arrive last night from amazon. Quick test shots around my living-room w/ the 35-100/2.8 look very promising, just wish the weather would hold out a bit better here. Macro is an area I haven't really explored much yet so thought I'd give it a try w/ this after seeing some shots with it around the forums. I think I might also use a microfiber sunglasses pouch like @CyVan, it's that or unscrew it everytime I want to put it on the spring mounted holder piece.

Latest threads

Top Bottom