Ray Bans + EVF = no fun

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by marcr1230, Dec 26, 2013.

1. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    I quickly realized that using polarized sunglasses on the E-M1 is not going to happen
    I see a big fuzzy plus sign on top of the image- solved this problem all by myself without the help of the forum - I took off the glasses :)
  2. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    The better the polarised lenses the worse the effect!!

My prescription Oakleys are unusable too. I now just use the diopter correction and/ or (grey) photochromic lenses.
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA

You could get a polarized filter for your lens and just look through the EVF all the time?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Then folks might think you're a Borg?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stanley W

Stanley W Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2013
    Resistance is futile

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mu-43 mobile app
  6. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Ha ha! I have the self-darkening eyeglasses and found they didn't work well for photography in the sun. I have a spare pair now without the self-darkening response for photography.

But really, I started doing that with optical viewfinders -- I didn't like how dark they were when my glasses darkened either. I could see what I was shooting, but I couldn't read the status indicators in my D7000 when my glasses darkened so I didn't know my exposure, ISO, etc.
  7. TetonTom

TetonTom Mu-43 Regular

I've got some Maui Jim glasses that make the LCD completely disappear when I hold the camera vertically!
  8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yep, same issue here. "Flip up" shades may work for those who wear prescription glasses, depending on the shape and flip design. They look dorky but are functional.

Also I abandoned baseball caps in favor of a Tilley hat - the brim of the baseball cap kept getting in the way.

(The only legitimate reasons IMHO for wearing a baseball cap backwards are (1) You are head down facing the south end of a north bound plowing mule or (2) you are a submariner and are checking the view thru the periscope. One of the few standing rules here at the Swamp for grown children and grand children alike is that baseball caps will NOT be worn backwards. :biggrin:).

The Tilley hat brim is more flexible than a baseball cap brim and will slide up to make room for the camera.

9. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I'll add one: welding visors/helmets. It's okay then too, lol.
    • Like Like x 1