1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

RAW import help?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by justin28, Dec 31, 2010.

1. justin28

justin28 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    So this might be a fairly newbie question, but in all fairness I guess I am a newbie to dslrs. Anyhow, Im having difficulty importing my .RW2 files from my GF1 to my computer. The file thumbnails do not preview the shot on my computer, which I suspect might be natural, but my LightRoom will not recognize these files, so I cannot import them there. I checked the Panny site for software / driver add ons but didn't see anything that looked like it was what I needed.

Anyone know what I need to do? :confused:

Thanks!

2. justin28

justin28 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    OH, and i almost forgot....

Happy New Year!! :)

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Justin, hang in there...and I'm sure you'll get some help. I do use Lightroom but am not sure why your files aren't importing. Do yo download them to your desk top and then import them? Have you used Lightroom before with another camera or even this one and has it worked fine before?

I think someone that is more of a technical sort will be able to help you better than I. I am too "right brained", I think.:redface:

This is probably a simple tweak, so if you don't get an answer tonight - stay tuned!

Happy new year, to you, as well!:wink:

4. justin28

justin28 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    In this case I did download the files to my hard drive before trying to import them to LR.

Ive used LR before, but only with my point and shoot so the files were simple JPG or JPEGs, so I had no problems, which Im also having no problem with the JPEGS im shooting now with the GF1, just the RW2 files are the only ones giving me trouble. Im not too worried though, Im sure this isnt a tough fix!

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Do you have he latest ACRupdate from Adobe?

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    What version of lightroom?

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Auto update

The latest update of LR will recognize all Lumix cameras up through GH2. I think that's your problem. Do the auto update and you should be ok

• Like Like x 1
  8. justin28

justin28 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    Yea my LR is 2.2, hopefully the update should solve this. Thanks! Ill report back

9. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Yep. An update will do it. GF1 support was added in LR 2.5.

Gordon

10. justin28

justin28 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    Thanks so much!