RAW Format support coming to Windows 10

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
With the next update to Windows 10 (19H1) support for many types of RAW formats will be available in Windows 10.

If you're running the current Insider Fast Ring build, you can go to the store and download the beta app for these extensions here: Get Raw Image Extension (Beta) - Microsoft Store

Microsoft is using the Open Source LibRAW library to bring this functionality to Windows. You can see the full list of supported cameras/file types here: LibRaw | raw image decoder

I believe after 19H1 goes out, if you try to open a raw file Windows 10 will automatically take you to the store to install the final RAW Image Extension add-in

Brian Beezley

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I can't answer your question. I ran across it by accident when I was browsing a folder and noticed that .ORFs appeared as little images. Clicking on one invoked Photos with a large image. Photos doesn't seem to do much so I installed IrfanView instead. It will display .ORFs with a plug-in.

Brian

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom