1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Raw file support -Lr5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kittymama3, Feb 20, 2014.

1. kittymama3

kittymama3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    I have LR5 and am test driving an em-10. Any guesses as to when LR will start supporting this camera? Does anyone one know? The latest dng converter was in dec and that included em-1, but I prefer not to use the dng converter (which isn't even avail for the em-10 anyway, though maybe that will come sooner than a new camera RAW release.

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    E-M10 support will almost certainly be in the 5.4 release (it seems to be in the private beta that DPR used). Probably available in a month or two as on average releases are about 3 months apart, but no guarantees.

DNG Converter support will come at the same time. The main advantage of DNG Converter is that it will let older versions of Lightroom (e.g. 4.x) deal with newer files.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kittymama3

kittymama3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    Thanks for the info!

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    In the interim, try using Exiftool to change the model name in the ORF file to something with the same sensor that LR does support. I did that for a while when the E-M5 was supported but not the E-PL5. I simply fooled LR into thinking that the PL5 files were M5 files and it worked perfectly. Since the e-M10 supposedly has the same sensor as the E-M5 try that.

5. kittymama3

kittymama3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    Thank you - I will look into it