1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Rare Tiny M42 Takumar 135mm f3.5 Preset | Location: Canada | Ships: US/Canada

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Qwerty, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwerty

Qwerty Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jan 15, 2012
    Canada
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Rare Tiny M42 Takumar 135mm f3.5 Preset
    </br>Prices</br> $125.00
    </br>Location</br> Canada
    </br>Ships to</br> US/Canada
    </br>Description</br> It’s so tiny that it looks like a rangefinder lens, but it’s not, it’s a full frame M42 screwmount, perfect for todays small mirrorless camera bodies.

[​IMG]

This is a pretty rare lens and an awesome performer that’s very sharp and because of its very small size and light weight, super easy to handhold steady at slow shutter speeds.
    What’s really neat about this lens that makes it great for use with digitals is the preset rings. This is how it works; if you know that you are going to shoot at f5.6 for example you set the preset ring to f5.6. There is another aperture ring that you move in one direction for wide open and if you move it in the other direction it stops the lens down to f5.6 where you wanted it. This makes for mega easy use when used with todays digitals, because you can keep your eye in the viewfinder, doing your critical focus with the lens wide open and bright viewfinder and then a quick twist of the aperture ring and you are ready to shoot – without having to remove your eye from the viewfinder to stop the lens down to f5.6 or having to count clicks of the aperture ring. Instant and quick shooting, funny how a system invented before lenses had auto aperture works so well today. Presets are by far the easiest and quickest to use manual focus lenses today, once you try it you will love it.

Unlike the common two-tone silver and chrome 135mm Takumar presets that you commonly see on ebay, this is an optically different lens design significantly better than the older two-tone lens it replaced. In terms of how good this lens is, well it’s pretty amazing and razor sharp and shooting even wide open at f3.5 gives excellent results. Even though it’s a single-coated optic, used with its dedicated lens hood (which is in beautiful condition too and reverses on the lens when not in use, see photo below), I’ve never had any lens flare/low contrast issues.

pl_man_015.

100% crop
    [​IMG]

In terms of construction this really is the poor mans Leica, built sold, it’s got buttery smooth focusing, nice dry aperture blades with no oil on them or stickyness (unlike most M42 Russian presets). The body of the lens has no scratches or dents and hardly any paint wear. The optics are in amazing shape with no scratches, haze, fungus and very minimal dust, an ultra clean lens. Check out the photos below to see how great condition this lens is in.

A great little lens at a great price, you can’t go wrong with this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)
    Shipping method</br> -
    </br>Shipping charge</br> $15 Airmail, other shipping options available
    </br>Handling time</br> -
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Additional comments</br> -
    </br>Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. stingx

stingx Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

Aug 10, 2012
    Weird, NJ
    Hugh Douche
    I have this lens. I use it on my Pentax Spotmatic and recently began shooting with it on my Oly. M42 lens are awesome.

3. Qwerty

Qwerty Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jan 15, 2012
    Canada
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.