Random Shots from Chattanooga

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Djarum, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    The downtown district in Chattanooga is pretty popular, especially with the Aquarium. Chattanooga has the Walnut Street bridge which spans the Tennessee river and its one of the longest pedestrian only bridges in the U.S. One can walk over to the North Shore area of Chattanooga where there are several parks and local shopping. We had miserable weather, so night shots worked out the best for me. Most are with the E-PL2 and kit lens. The Aquarium was taken with the 40-150mm and the last was taken with the Panny 20mm. It was also nice to test out a new tripod.

From North Shore:
    P3291586.JPG

P3291614.JPG

P3291667.JPG

P3291651.JPG

P3291670.JPG

Three exposure bracket stacked:
    P3291681_stack.JPG

And probably my favorite.
    P3291685.JPG

Thanks for looking.

2. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Nice night shots. But if'n you don't mind-

What were the settings you used on the night shots? Like ISO, shutter, etc.

If these are from-camera jpgs, what picture mode?

This is all to satisfy my curiousity, I don't shoot much at night, but I'm hoping to do more of it.

thx

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I'll have to dig through the EXIF. The EXIF data should be there. Generally I believe most of these were shot at ISO 200, but again, I'll have to check. The second to last is actually a blended 3 bracket +-1 EV image.

I have my camera setup at auto WB with A -1 and G 0, natural mode, contrast -1, NR low, and all the rest default. I did touch most of these up a little too.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Love the night shots, particularly. Very nice! :2thumbs:

5. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    The one with the steamboat is my favorite! Nice set overall!