Random cars thread

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes, I've noticed too that thread names are sometimes difficult to find with search, but using advanced search I've managed to find threads which I knew exist.

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
...and now the pictures from inside that car cemetery.

Car graveyard at Kyrkö mosse, Sweden. "Åke on the bog" made this car cemetery with lots of scrapped cars in the forest.
bilkyrkogarden.se/

Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö mosse 01 by Zarako, on Flickr

Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö mosse 02 by Zarako, on Flickr

Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö mosse 03 by Zarako, on Flickr

Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö mosse 07 by Zarako, on Flickr

Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö mosse 09 by Zarako, on Flickr

Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö mosse 10 by Zarako, on Flickr

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Big VW meetup on the waterfront today.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Morris 1100 by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

My first every motor vehicle was a New Zealand assembled, Alec Issigonis (he designed the Mini) designed ADO016 (its only claim to fame I am sure), which was in my case marketed as a Morris 1100. The other common variant was an Austin 1100, but I came from a Morris family so there is no way I could have an Austin. The funny thing was, they are the same car!

I got my Morris 1100 which was fairly an unusual vehicle at the time, being front wheel drive, when I was 18. Even though one could get their licence at 16 in NZ I didn't get my licence until I was 18. I think if memory serves me well my Morris 1100 cost NZ$1,000. I am sure I spent way more than that keeping it going ... front wheel drive in the '70s was not exactly reliable technology.

I still remember to this day the truck like four on the floor gear shift. A change from first to second or third to fourth would just about have the gear lever in the back seat ... :)

I haven't seen one in years, well since I moved to Australia in '82 and didn't think they where ever popular here so I was quite chuffed to see on my walk with Willow. It brought the memories flooding back ... oh the freedom of owning your first car.

Gillymaru

Mu-43 Top Veteran
View attachment 562007
Morris 1100 by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

My first every motor vehicle was a New Zealand assembled, Alec Issigonis (he designed the Mini) designed ADO016 (its only claim to fame I am sure), which was in my case marketed as a Morris 1100. The other common variant was an Austin 1100, but I came from a Morris family so there is no way I could have an Austin. The funny thing was, they are the same car!

I got my Morris 1100 which was fairly an unusual vehicle at the time, being front wheel drive, when I was 18. Even though one could get their licence at 16 in NZ I didn't get my licence until I was 18. I think if memory serves me well my Morris 1100 cost NZ$1,000. I am sure I spent way more than that keeping it going ... front wheel drive in the '70s was not exactly reliable technology.

I still remember to this day the truck like four on the floor gear shift. A change from first to second or third to fourth would just about have the gear lever in the back seat ... :)

I haven't seen one in years, well since I moved to Australia in '82 and didn't think they where ever popular here so I was quite chuffed to see on my walk with Willow. It brought the memories flooding back ... oh the freedom of owning your first car.
My mate used to have one of these, we called it " The Grader" with 5 of us loaded in with our gear and surfboards it used to bottom out with a shower of sparks every time it hit a bump in the road. Fun times!