RainbowImaging vs. Fotodiox for Rokkor on G3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hunyuan7, Jan 18, 2012.

1. hunyuan7

hunyuan7 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2011
    If you have experience with either of these two adapters for Minolta Rokkor lenses on the Panasonic G3, I would like to hear your experience using this combination set.

I would have considered a Novoflex but this adapter is $200.00 more expensive than RainbowImaging and Fotodiox.

Thanks in advance for your input.
  2. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    I've owned 2 Fotodiox Nikon -> m4/3 adapters. One was for AF-D lenses and one was for the newer AFS with aperture ring.

Both were made decently well enough, not much slop at all in the mount and both worked very well for the ~$30 I paid for each. Hope this helps.
  3. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    I have on a GH2 the Fotodiox MC/MD to M4/3 adapter, cost me about $23 (IIRC) from Amazon.

Rock solid, built sort of like-a-tank, and supremely easy to use.

What's not to like?
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Just in general, I have usually found Fotodiox adapters to be of higher quality than Rainbow Imaging. Sometimes there's no difference though.
  5. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    I have one of each and they are EXACTLY the same. Except the Fotodiox has the name on it.
  6. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Have copies of both, and they look to come from the same factory, except fotodiox has their name on it. I'd deal with rainbow though, if it came down to choosing one over the other. Quick ship, reliable, and never an issue.
  7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I almost purchased a mount for all my Rokkor glass from FotoDiox but chose to find the cheapest adapter i could find on eBay. I ended up saving twenty dollars and the adapter is fine. I use it all the time.