Radio Triggered Flash ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Graham_of_Rainham, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Graham_of_Rainham

Graham_of_Rainham Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Has anyone used a Radio Wireless flash trigger on an FL-50R

If so what one works ?

2. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I've used RF-602's and they worked fine - obviously no wireless control, but I wasn't wanting that anyway. The RF's are always advertised as for Canon/Nikon/Pentax etc. but they worked fine on my Olympus with any flash (three different hotshoe flashes I can think of at the moment, the FL-50R being one of them).

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    In manual mode I have some super cheap eBay thing that I've had for years. It works, as in it triggers the slave in my Metz and Olympus flashes. I only use that in controlled conditions though. For everything else I use a couple of 3 meter TTL cables and they work very well.

Gordon

4. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    I've tried Aputure Trigmaster, but it didn't work with FL-36, for some reason I don't know. Then I got Yongnuo RF-602 which was fine but it stopped working after a while, might have got some rough handling by me though. Now I use Hähnel Combi TF, which I think is the best out of the three. It even has locking ring (or what ever that is called) on both units. Only negative so far would be that you have to open the battery door to change the Tx/Rx channel.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The FL-36 doesn't work with all radio triggers because it has a very low triggering voltage and requires a capacitor with some triggers.

The FL-50, which the OP asked about, doesn't suffer with this problem. It can be triggered by just about any radio trigger out.

• Like Like x 1