1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Quikdraw - a lens holster

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DeeJayK, Aug 15, 2012.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I recently came across this interesting looking (potential) product on Kickstarter. It's a holster you wear on your belt on which you hang a couple of lenses. It's called the Quikdraw.

Basically the lenses connect to hinged aluminum plates with standard bayonet mounts. You can remove the lens from your camera, attach it to an empty plate, grab another lens and remove it from the plate and attach it to your camera all with one hand.

At this point, they only have designs on making these for Canon EOS and Nikon F mounts, but if it takes off it seems like it would be pretty simple for them to support other mounts (like :43:) eventually.

I'm not really sure I want to walk around with a bunch of lenses hanging off my belt, so I'll probably not order one, but this might be an interesting product for someone who's trying to shoot a wedding without an assistant or something of the like.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to the designer/creators of this product and no stake in it's success. I just saw it and thought that perhaps someone else here would also find it interesting.

2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Interesting idea..I can see the benefit for handling and changing lenses. Though I do think it would look kinda dorky to have them all hanging off your belt. And make me a little nervous about their security.

3. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Exactly, if I was using it in a professional capacity, it would make sense.

But for all of the photography I do, I'd look too much like a gear-rambo running around like that. I do have the Capture Clip System and that works great. When swapping lenses, I just mount the camera to the Capture Clip, and that frees both hands to swap the lenses.