Quick ?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by MrDoug, Sep 23, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Does anyone here have a Fuji X100? if so, do you like it? how does it compare to OLY or PANNY m43's? curious.. <smile>
  2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I don't have one, but I'm convinced I need one for high iso shots while I wander in dimly lit alley-like streets in quaint European villages! I need to stop looking at x100/leica photos n put that imaginary cash towards my 45 & 12

I love the cam tho.. Got to play with it at local camra shop

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    mu-43's sister site seriouscompacts.com has a load of X100 users who seem to really like the camera. Might want to try over there as well as over here.
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Need an answer quick? I assume you're thinking of buying one... xD Good luck! Sorry I can't help.
  5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    No, I just sold one... LOL. The fellow I sold it to says it has a focus speed like a Brownie Hawkeye. That is why I sold it. just wanted to see if anyone out here concurs? It was just not for me. I am spoiled with Oly EP3 Fast SP.
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have one (bought S/Hand) and I love its high iso performance and overall IQ. Focus speed is on the slow side and some of the analog switches/dials are less than positive in action. Despite its idiosyncracies mine's a keeper.
  7. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    But a Brownie Hawkeye is fixed focus and thus the fastest possible as long as you don't want to focus closer than about 2m :wink:
  8. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    I love mine. But I shot for ages with just a film rangefinder and a 35mm f2.

Image quality noticeably better than my G1 and 20mm (in fact up there with Canon 5D and decent lenses). Silent shutter, wonderful fast flash sync. It's pretty much retired my other cameras save for portraits.

First digital camera where I'm happy with the jpegs (90% of the time). They really are fantastic.

No looking back for me! I'm now hoping the X200 is an effective 85mm...
  9. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I'm on the fence with mine. Never really get the urge to use it BUT it does do night shots with high iso really well. I think I prefer the colour and speed of the EP3 plus the fact that I can change lenses.
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I had an X100 for a day but never intended to keep it. I only bought it so that it could be reviewed for Serious Compacts.

The file quality and handling were both really great, and I liked being able to use an optical viewfinder. However, there's no way I could replace MFT with a fixed lens camera. I like using different lenses. Also, I prefer the Lumix 20/1.7 to the lens on the Fuji, if only because the Fuji lens results tend to soften up with close up photography.