1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Quick video this morning from my garden

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by m43_user, Jun 5, 2011.

1. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Sorry for the camera movement. I need to get better at this :)

Foxtail lily. Click the image for the video (hosted on my SmugMug site)

<a href="http://www.openbloom.com/GEAR-Etc-1/Panasonic-Lumix-GH2/17266742_fNK4Qc#1322770731_d5djtD7-A-LB" title="Sample video from my GH2. Shot in the full automatic mode in 720p. Sorry for the camera movement. I need to get better at moving it more smoothly.">[​IMG]

2. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    nice video

Nice....really nice, and very sharp! I used to have a smug mug account...they handle the video very well....maybe I should think about getting another.

3. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    One thing I've noticed is that the GH2 videos appear much sharper straight out of the camera when set to 720p vs. 1080p. Lately I've decided to stick with 720p since I don't have a screaming need for 1080p right now and 720p files take up less room on my PC.

4. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    I will have to do some experimenting myself with video. I have only had the camera for almost two weeks now. Next November I am taking a video for charity purposes during our annual Florida Corgi Picnic---I have to become real familiar with this camera and it's video possibilities by then!

5. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    looks good... I am guessing this is hand held... which is always going to be tricky.. a tripod and a good fluid head really does make a difference

I know i posted this on another thread... but this is an E-P1 video with a garden theme

[ame=http://vimeo.com/24565959]A Garden in Gent on Vimeo[/ame]

K

6. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    I learned pretty quickly that video is much more difficult than still photography. For me anyway. It's so much easier to frame a still photo and have something great....but shooting a nice looking video is much more challenging for me. Plus, I'm not very familiar with video editing and don't have any descent video editing software. Also, my PC is showing its age. processing stills is fine but processing videos takes much longer.