Quick switch from single shot to delayed shot

jk4u59

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ivan Dalmonte
Hi, I often feel quite annoying to scroll through all the shutter menu to select a 2" delay shot (useful on tripod when I'm in a hurry) instead of the standard single shot and vice versa.
Do you know if the E-M5 Mk.II buttons can be programmed for such switch? Afer a fast look in the manual, I fear they can't, but maybe some of you knows how...

Thanks in advance,
Ivan (Milan, Italy)

Not sure if this will help but I just go to the super control panel and right below the focus grid box ( I don't have my 5mkll in hand) is "I think" a square emblem if you hit okay on that it brings up shutter functions 12 sec, 2 sec etc...

jk4u59

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ivan Dalmonte
Not sure if this will help but I just go to the super control panel and right below the focus grid box ( I don't have my 5mkll in hand) is "I think" a square emblem if you hit okay on that it brings up shutter functions 12 sec, 2 sec etc...
You remember correctly, it's just what i do everytime i want to switch the shutter behaviour. But... the possible settings are a lot, the "standard shot" being the first one, and the 2" delay... well eleven positions after this one. I wanted to quickly switch between them, possibly with one single touch. But I fear it's not possible.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Try setting delayed shutter to a myset setting.
Then set myset1 to a button like depth of field preview button or fn1,2,3, or 4.
That should do it with 1 press of a button.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Once you’ve select drive mode on the super control panel, it is on a dial... they’ve thought of everything. Crikey mate, it only takes seconds.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
The OP could set a myset up for tripod use.
Stabilise off, 2 sec delay, iso, whatever he wants.
Then assign a function button, there are 5, to go straight to tripod myset. 1 button.

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
Save a set-up with shutter delay and your likely exposure settings to a Myset. Map the Myset to a position on the mode dial. When you wish to work with a shutter delay, you can turn the mode dial to your chosen position. Unfortunately, E-M5 II doesn't have sticky Mysets so you will nearly always have some exposure setting to do.

One virtue of using the mode dial is that you can tell by looking at the top plate of the camera whether you have the delay set or not.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Also, I’ve just checked,
One press of the ok button brings up SCP.
Drive mode, scroll left, only one place, not eleven, just one, brings up a programmable custom shutter with everything. Just need to press info button, and set it up exactly how you want. There is 3 custom drive modes on offer. Scroll left, not right.
Olympus we love you!

Last edited:

jk4u59

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ivan Dalmonte
Try setting delayed shutter to a myset setting.
Then set myset1 to a button like depth of field preview button or fn1,2,3, or 4.
That should do it with 1 press of a button.
Good hint! I'll try it, thank you!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom