1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Quick Release Strap Suggestion Wanted

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by zpierce, Mar 18, 2011.

1. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    I would like to be able to switch between a wrist strap and neck strap easily, depending on the day. I don't like a neck strap when my camera is in and out of a bag regularly, but if all I'm doing is carrying the camera around, I prefer a neck strap.

Therefore, I'd like a strap that can easily detach. The strap I have does that, but it does it about 4" up the strap so you're left with 4" hanging off each side of the camera which I find highly annoying. What I'd like is a strap that detaches from the rings at the posts so only the rings or very little are left on the camera. Does anyone know of a strap like this?

2. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    I bought some of these mini QD loops from Op/Tech along with one of their QD wrist straps. You can attach your neck strap to the connections, then switch between your neck and wrist straps at will.

OP/TECH USA Mini QD Loop System Connectors

• Like Like x 1
  3. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  4. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    I use Optech's utility sling strap and their slr wrist strap with my dslr and have used that setup when I had a G2. It is a little too much for a smaller body like the GF1 or 2 but would be fine for the GH2. The quick connectors do stay on the post but do not get in my way and are nylon/plastic and don't harm the body. You might also take a look at the Black Rapid strap and just attach that when you need to and use the Optech dslr strap for your wrist strap needs. That would require only leaving the single Optech quick connector on the body, and you could just attach the Black Rapid to the tripod hole as needed.

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling

OP/TECH USA SLR Wrist Strap

• Like Like x 1
  5. op/tech mini loop strap & wrist strap

I like the wrist strap so purchased the Mini Loop Strap & Wrist Strap. Have been using an older version of the wrist strap for a few years. They have changed the design of the quick release clamp. Bit more difficult to disengage. The plan was to attach one wrist strap to each body and switch to Loop Strap when needed.

The Loop Strap is light and unobtrusive. So much I have left it attached to the left side lug & leave the wrist strap on the right lug. For now body #2 has the old strap attached. Loop strap makes lens changes convenient. The Wrist straps are relatively inexpensive. Will be picking up another one to replace the old unit.

6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    You asked.....
    LeHook is the safest, best one out there.
    I use them with Luigi Straps. Not cheap but simply the most elegant.