1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Quick release plates for EPL2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cameronp, Dec 1, 2011.

1. cameronp

cameronp Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Hi all,

Does anybody here use an Arca Swiss-compatible tripod system with an Olympus E-PL2? I can't find any quick-release plates specifically for this camera, although there are some that are advertised as fitting the E-PL1. Anybody know if the tripod plates for the other PENs will fit? (Acratech make one that claims to fit the E-P1, E-P2, E-P2 and E-PL1. Kirk make one that claims to fit the E-P1 and E-P2. RRS's website is down at the moment...)

2. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    I have a hard copy of RSS's latest catalog and they don't list a plate for the e-pl2.

3. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  4. cameronp

cameronp Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    Kent, UK
  5. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    Glad you point this out as I hadn't thought of that. Almost bought the RRR base plate, which covers the entire bottom of the E-PX series cameras. While the RRR looks nice, I don't think it's worth $30 more than the Acratech.

6. Benro

On the GF-1 & G2 bodies if you want to use a fat lens and be able to access the battery/sd card hatch a small plate is necessary. Assuming the Olys are similar in dimension. Have been using an Arca-Swiss style small (38 x38mm) Benro qr plate. ~$14. Solid chunk of anodized aluminum. Last source was Adorama. Once in a while available on eBay. Model PU-40. Amazon retailer is pricey at ~$27. RRS Bpns model is 38 x 38mm.

• Like Like x 1