Quick release plates for EPL2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cameronp, Dec 1, 2011.

1. cameronp

cameronp Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Hi all,

Does anybody here use an Arca Swiss-compatible tripod system with an Olympus E-PL2? I can't find any quick-release plates specifically for this camera, although there are some that are advertised as fitting the E-PL1. Anybody know if the tripod plates for the other PENs will fit? (Acratech make one that claims to fit the E-P1, E-P2, E-P2 and E-PL1. Kirk make one that claims to fit the E-P1 and E-P2. RRS's website is down at the moment...)
  2. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    I have a hard copy of RSS's latest catalog and they don't list a plate for the e-pl2.
  3. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  4. cameronp

cameronp Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    Kent, UK
  5. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Glad you point this out as I hadn't thought of that. Almost bought the RRR base plate, which covers the entire bottom of the E-PX series cameras. While the RRR looks nice, I don't think it's worth $30 more than the Acratech.
  6. Benro

On the GF-1 & G2 bodies if you want to use a fat lens and be able to access the battery/sd card hatch a small plate is necessary. Assuming the Olys are similar in dimension. Have been using an Arca-Swiss style small (38 x38mm) Benro qr plate. ~$14. Solid chunk of anodized aluminum. Last source was Adorama. Once in a while available on eBay. Model PU-40. Amazon retailer is pricey at ~$27. RRS Bpns model is 38 x 38mm.
    • Like Like x 1