Quick question

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
Couldn't find the answer to this using google, so hopefully someone here can tell me. What is the length of the 12-45mm Pro extended (non extended is 70mm according to specs). Also does it extends as you zoom in or the other way round or is it longest in the middle?

Thank you kindly.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Couldn't find the answer to this using google, so hopefully someone here can tell me. What is the length of the 12-45mm Pro extended (non extended is 70mm according to specs). Also does it extends as you zoom in or the other way round or is it longest in the middle?

Thank you kindly.
Just measured mine and it goes from 77mm non-extended to 99mm extended (zoomed in).
Add on 6mm for lens cap.

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thank that may be just about 12mm too long. Does it extend evenly?

Equable

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rod
Hi @Hypilein, measuring the lens mounted on the camera body, it is 70mm in length at 12 mm focal length. As you zoom toward 45 mm it extends to a maximum of 90mm in length. Very little extension takes place between 12mm and 18mm, once you get to 25mm, it extends rapidly to its maximum of 45mm ( 90 in length) Hope this helps.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Hi @Hypilein, measuring the lens mounted on the camera body, it is 70mm in length at 12 mm focal length. As you zoom toward 45 mm it extends to a maximum of 90mm in length. Very little extension takes place between 12mm and 18mm, once you get to 25mm, it extends rapidly to its maximum of 45mm ( 90 in length) Hope this helps.
You've obviously got the compact version. :thumbup:

Equable

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rod
Hi @Panolyman, I’m sorry, I have only just seen that you replied previously. Although our measurements are different, mine was taken with the lens mounted on the camera, so did not include the piece that projects into the camera body. Could this account for the difference?
Edit: No, I just measured from there and it only added 5mm. to the unmounted length. ??

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
The mount dissappears into the camera and apparently Olympus measures lenses mounted to the body, because @Equable got the same results for the unextended length that is on the spec sheet. You have pretty much the same results if you adjust both your results.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Some Zooms are actually not at shortest/longest at the minimum/maximum focal lenght.
My P12-60 is actually shortest at about 18mm.

Latest threads

Top Bottom