Quick EPL-1 question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by PEKlNGDUCKK, Mar 8, 2012.

1. PEKlNGDUCKK

PEKlNGDUCKK New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2012
    Hey guys, I had my EPL-1 for about a month now and I LOVE IT. I mostly take photographs of cars. But I have a quick question, is there a way to set the EPL-1 so that it takes a picture every X amount of seconds?

I know you can have a delay capture of 2 or 12 seconds, but I want a capture every x amount of time. I want to do some rig shot of my car and I don't want to get out, press button, get in, drive and repeat.

Thank you!

here's a sample :)  Ignore the dust haha

[​IMG]

2. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Unfortunately, there is nothing in the camera (or out of the camera) that can achieve this. What you are looking for, would normally be a wired shutter release. But unfortunately, with the E-PL1, Olympus decided to remove that feature.

You can use a mechanical shutter release, but I'm not sure it'll help in your situation.

3. PEKlNGDUCKK

PEKlNGDUCKK New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2012
    well shucks. No biggie. I'll figure something out! Thank you for the response

4. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    The newer PENs can take time lapse photos, I think.

5. Jblk9695

Jblk9695 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    San Bernardino, CA
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    ^^I have used the method above but with a rubber sticky dot on the shutter button to give the pressure. It works a treat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.