Quick battery hack for GX85!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by SteveNunez, Sep 16, 2016.

1. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    Hey guys, this isn't technically a "hack" more of an insight as to an alternative battery that many of you may have the works flawlessly in the GX85's!
    After years of owning several m4/3 cameras I noticed my GF3, GM1, GM5 & GF7 batteries are identical to the GX85 batteries only slimmer (less mah rating).....

...I put in my older batts into the GX85 and just used a slim piece of packing foam to take up the space left by the slimmer battery and I'm happy to report it works in the GX85 flawlessly.
    They're essentially the same battery but in a slimmer case and thus the lower mah rating- so they won't last as long as the original battery but I think you'll find it will work about 75% or so of the original batts capacity.

I doubt it would harm the camera in any way as stated it's nearly the identical battery just slimmer....contacts and polarity are identical.
    It works for me and I'm glad to know my spare 6 batts now have usefulness for the GX85!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    Duke Sweden
    Cool. On the subject of batteries I'm really disappointed in the G7's battery life. They rarely last more than an hour or so. No problem when I'm shooting my green screen stuff at home, but if I ever go out for the day I'll have to be a lot more judicious in my camera usage, and I hate being restricted.