Questions about E-M5iii from a Pen-F owner

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
and then return to using whatever settings you had on the camera before going to the C mode. Maybe this has always been true, but I didn't know it with my E-M10.3.

Except I thought one of the dumb things Oly did to Dumb down the E-10.3 was to remove ALL Mysets from the camera and the .3 doesn't have a "C" mode? Perhaps you are recalling your E-m10.1 or .2 (which were wicked smaht'r!)?

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Except I thought one of the dumb things Oly did to Dumb down the E-10.3 was to remove ALL Mysets from the camera and the .3 doesn't have a "C" mode? Perhaps you are recalling your E-m10.1 or .2 (which were wicked smaht'r!)?
Oops! I meant "my E-M10.2" . You've got good eyes! Handy for things like photography, no doubt! ;)

JohnJeffrey

Mu-43 Regular
I have a 12-40 lens on my Pen-F, too, and while I make it work, it does get tiring holding it for any length of time. I tried the Olympus grip but returned it because it interfered with flipping open the screen from the bottom edge. It really slowed me down, and for me that was more important than a comfortable grip. One of the things that appeals to me about the E-M5iii is that I can have both a grip and still be able to flip the screen open quickly.
Fwiw: The RRS grip for Pen-F is my solution. It improved the handling with 12-40mm immensely! aGrip is expensive but hugely useful!

rezatravilla

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Reza Travilla
Fwiw: The RRS grip for Pen-F is my solution. It improved the handling with 12-40mm immensely! aGrip is expensive but hugely useful!

I'm using this cheap L Plate and also the problem were solved. Plus it's cheap only US$ 30 or less

49937190941_5ce87e5ee0_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
The RRS grip for Pen-F is my solution.

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately it looks like that grip is no longer available (according to B&H at least). In my case, I've decided I'd rather invest in an E-M5iii to get a grip plus other benefits (weatherproof, extra Af and MF options, increased viewfinder size and eye point).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom