Question with E-PL2 and Aperture 3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Roark, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Roark

Roark Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Boston, MA
    So is it safe to assume that just because the E-PL1 is supported by Aperture 3, that the E-PL2 isn't? I wanted to toy with RAW and was getting errors that the file format was not supported. Maybe I just don't know what to do when processing. Any input?

2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Unfortunately Apple just just released a camera RAW update a few days ago and E-PL2 wasn't one of the supported cameras, they usually update about every month to six weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roark

Roark Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Thanks Lisa, I was assuming that the E-PL2 would work since the E-PL1 was working. That saves me some time in searching google for an answer!

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    It sometimes takes Apple a short time and sometimes longer. The epl1 took several months. There was a workaround to rename the camera name string in the file that would open the file as an ep2 file - the same thing might work now for the epl2? Do a search - I think it was discussed here sometime last spring - there were a couple of quick and dirty applications written to do the change. They might work as is or might need to be slightly modified to change the routine from searching for epl1 to epl2. And perhaps to replace it with epl1 rather than ep2? I was working on RAW files from the epl1 for months before Apple got around to actually supporting them. Don't know if the same thing will work now (or if it will take Apple long enough to get around to the epl2 to even bother), but it might be worth a shot.