1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Question to OMD em5 II owners

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dronek75, Aug 2, 2015.

1. dronek75

dronek75 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 2, 2013
    Gdansk-Poland, Illinois USA
    Greg
    I'm starting out with M43 format again after few years (currently em10 with oly 25, 45, 12-40 pro) .
    I was lucky to pick up em5II body at my local BB store for $899 for the body and 40-150mm bundled brand new (pricing was messed up and they honored it) and have a question regarding the 2 dials on the right side...the one on the back seems fine meaning it has nice decisive click when I turn it either way and the one on the front feels much less "clicky" almost feel spongy. I'm asking because I'm not sure if this is could be somewhat problematic as far as built quality. Also my em10 dials also feel perfectly fine just like the one on the 2 on em5II.
    Is this "normal" with em5II or should I ask for replacement?
    Like I said the rear one feels great when used while front one is quite a bit easier to turn. Much less "clicky".
    Thanks a bunch.

2. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    The rear wheel has a slightly stiffer click feel. The front is still clicky but not quite as stiff as the real dial. The difference isn't drastic by any means though.

3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Not sure if it will be an issue, but I can say that the front and rear dials on mine feel the same.

If return it for another one, check it before leaving the store.