1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Question regarding face recognition with GX-1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by billgreen, Oct 10, 2012.

1. billgreen

billgreen Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 4, 2012
    Herradura de Rivas, Costa Rica
    Bill Green
    All I can find in the manual regarding face recognition is registering a face, applying data to a known face, etc. It mentions nothing (that I can find) about simple face detection (random, any old face). I don't care squat about registering specific faces. I do care about focus and exposure prioritizing faces (any face, not just registered faces) when needed. Am I missing something?

2. angusr

angusr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2011
    Providing it is like other pana bodies, just stick AF in face detection mode and it will recognise any face (as opposed to centre, pinpoint etc). There is a quick menu setting, but it will also be in the main menu. Only if you then save a specific face will it prioritize that face etc.

3. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Yep. Click the right hand button on the d-pad, first option is face detection. I'm a bit disappointed at how the face detection works on this camera and the EM-5 for that matter. Seems inconsistent..

4. billgreen

billgreen Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 4, 2012
    Herradura de Rivas, Costa Rica
    Bill Green
    Thanks for the help. I finally found mention of face detection in the manual. It was completely separate from face recognition. Not even in he same part of the manual. I guess my logic differs from technical writers.