Question re: 2012 Mac Mini...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lettermanian, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Lettermanian

Lettermanian Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2014
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Hello, mu43 rookie and lurker here with a question regarding the OS on my Mini. I have a 2012 i7 quad core 2.3 ghz mac Mini that I will be listing for sale in a few days. I am in the process of migrating everything over to the new machine and want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I erase/reset my mini. My question: it is currently running Yosemite. Would it be better to reset it without upgrading to El Capitan, and thus the buyer can upgrade if desired? Or, should I upgrade to El Cap before selling? I've read on various forums that some people do not prefer El Cap. I am a fairly active contributor over at DPR under the same user name, but haven't received much response on this question, so thought I'd try here. I appreciate any input. Thanks :)

2. Lettermanian

Lettermanian Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2014
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Thanks, this is along the lines of what I was thinking; let the buyer decide. I think there's more value to that when there is an option of which OS comes with the mini.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.