Question on setting up Custom mode on dial

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ijm5012, May 1, 2014.

1. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I'm looking to set my "C2" slot for shooting while panning, so I've made a few tweaks and saved it to C2. However one thing I'd like do is change what function the rear dial drives on my G6. I'd like to make it so that the real dial controls shutter speed (it currently controls aperture).

Does anybody know how to make it so that the dial will control shutter speed instead of aperture, in a way so that I can save it to my C2 settings?

Thank you!

2. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Does anybody know how to make it so that shutter speed is the variable adjusted by the rear dial on Panasonic cameras with one dial when shooting in a custom mode?

3. bn54

bn54 New to Mu-43

May 2, 2014
    One way to achieve this is to put the G6 in S mode (shutter speed priority) in which case the rear dial does indeed set the shutter speed. Configure all other settings the way you want them. Then store this configuration as a custom mode (one of the three C2 modes, say). Whenever you go back to this custom mode you will be in shutter speed priority set up the way you wanted it to be! Note that the G6 has three custom modes under the C2 setting on the mode dial that you select between with the custom mode menu, which only appears when the mode dial is set to C2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    You know what, this is probably how I'll have to do it! I likely set everything up in "A" mode when I initially set the C2 settings. I'll have to try this when I get home, but I am willing to bet that this will do it for me.

I'd like to have it so that when I'm at a race, I can easily switch between "A" mode (what I shoot in 95% of the time), and switch to whatever "C" mode I decide I decide when I want to shoot panning photos of cars on track (change the OIS to only account for up/down motion, and with shutter speed set around 1/160), but do it all just by changing the dial instead of digging through menus and messing with settings.

Thank you for your help bn54!