Question on Photo Album preparations

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by rossi46, May 17, 2014.

1. rossi46

rossi46 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Hello there,.....

I am preparing a photobook album using photoshop for my 2 yr old son. I got a few questions which I hope you guys will be able to guide me in the workflow -
    I am sorry, if the questions are too much or appears confusing (I am not English speaker), I had tried a lot of reading the webs, but could not find such levels of details in the workflow when preparing album.

1.1 Do I sharpen at the individual photos level before pasting onto the album template psd. file?
    Or I sharpen only at the album template stage after pasting all the photos I want there?

1.2 If I paste an individual photo onto the album template at native size, I need to resize to make it smaller or bigger, how do you do it?
    - Resize at individual photo level?
    - or use Smart filter in the album template file pasted with photo to adjust the size?

1.3 So if I have to resize the individual photo to make it smaller when paste on album, do I need to perform additional sharpening?
    If I have to resize the individual photo to make it bigger, do I need to perform additional sharpening?

2. When I open my individual photos, the native image size in photoshop is 240 pixels per inch. Printers company "as usual" always recommends 300 pixels per inch.
    Shall I make my album template new file as 300 pixels per inch or 240 pixels per inch.
    For a 10inch by 12 inch page, 240 pixels per inch is sufficient?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.