1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question on IS and 4/3 40-150

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Djarum, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I have been shooting with the 4/3 40-150mm with adapter for about 9 months now. What I am finding is that on my E-P1, the best shutter speed I can get is about 1/250 without camera shake in the picture, at the pixel peeping level. This really isn't more than a stop difference. The rule of thumb would be 1/300s. I'm thinking that this may be a grip issue. I have large hands and with this lens on it, while I actually find it more comfortable to shoot than with the pancake or kit lens, I still see lots of shake. The larger lens balances the camera better for me, but I'm just not able to hold it steady. I know the IS works because with the 17mm pancake, I've gotten acceptable results at the pixel peeping level down to 1/10s and sometimes 1/5s.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to steady this setup without a tripod?

Maybe the mFT version works better and balances better?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.