1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question on EP2 shutter speed...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nwbie1, Oct 24, 2010.

1. nwbie1

nwbie1 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2010
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Hi everyone,
    Curious why my EP2 wont give me a slower shutter speed in this situation.

Camera #1:
    EP2 w/ pana 45-200mm, aperture priority mode, night time indoor, with metz 48 flash gun on, f4.0, iso 200.....lowest shutter speed the camera will allow at widest setting is 100/sec.

Camera #2:
    GF1 with the same setup and settings, lowest shutter speed the camera will allow is 30/sec.

Is there a setting in the EP2 that will allow me to go lower in my shutter speed?
    It will go as low as 40/sec in S mode and M mode but not on A mode.

Alan

2. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    Aperture priority mode, at least on my E-P1, will ony allow an over- or under-exposure of 3EV. If you need more, you must use manual mode.

3. nwbie1

nwbie1 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2010
    San Francisco, Ca.
    a little limiting on part of the EP2 as the GF1 can manage to give up to 30/sec on the three Panasonic lenses (20mm, 14-45mm, 45-200mm) that I have. Big help if you are trying to brighten a low light background....oh well....thanks for your reponse....

4. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    It's a limitation of all the automatic modes on the Pen. Plus or minus 3 EV.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.