1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Question on E-P2 sensor vibration reduction

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ttl100, Mar 2, 2011.

1. ttl100

ttl100 New to Mu-43

Feb 10, 2011
    Does the sensor vibration reduction work with adapted manual lens? If yes, is there any limitation?

2. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    As long as you input the actual focal length of the lens you are using, it works to the same constraints as with a native lens. IE, don't expect miracles, just use it as an aid.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

As Stephen says there is a way to input the (actual, ignore crop factors) focal length - I knew how to do this on my E-3 so I hope someone will share the process used with the Pens.

4. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    My way of getting to this function is as follows:

Select the IS function (there are many different ways of getting to this which in my case seem to vary day by day) then press the top exposure compensation +/- button.

Use the control wheel to select the actual focal length, then OK out of it.

Note that in some instances, eg 25mm, you have to select the nearest, but most focal lengths are covered.

Also this is for the E-P2 - I don't know if it's slightly different on other Pens.

5. gekopaca

gekopaca Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2010
    Excuse me but I'm a newbie with E-P2 :
    Does the IS function with raw files, or only with jpeg?

6. The IS feature is a physical process performed on the assembly that holds the sensor to counterract the movement of the camera, so it works on both raw and jpeg files. It is not a software correction.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rcferraris

rcferraris Mu-43 Regular

focal length = 45mm on a 45mm lens or 90mm?

8. Use the actual focal length, not the full-frame equivalent focal length.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Always the actual focal length. (Crop factor should be abolished as a useless and confusing custom. It serves no purpose.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    To use the IS with an adapted lens on the E-P2, navigate to IS3, press +- (exposure compensation) button on top of the camera, then use silver dial on top right back to dial in the focal length of the lens. Use the actual focal length, i.e. for the 45mm lens, dial in 45mm.

• Like Like x 1