Question : G3 EVF & LCD

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Ulfric M Douglas, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I have a technical question relating to how I use the EVF & LCD on my G1, and should I even start looking for a G3 to buy ...

Most of the time I'm using the EVF for taking pictures, review and changing some settings : while the LCD is closed - screen inwards.
    I have the menu setting "LVF/LCD AUTO" OFF, so the eye-sensor is not used.

For menu stuff and for showing pictures to friends I flip open the LCD and the camera automatically switches to LCD instead of EVF.

Closing the LCD again switches me back to EVF.

Will the G3 do this?

2. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    I remember seeing one video on YouTube where the used had the screen closed and was using the EVF, then flipped the screen out and it turned on automatically (EVF turned off, too.) So, it definitely does that part. As for going back to the EVF when you "close" the screen, I don't know for sure, but I would guess it would do that, too. Otherwise, you'd have no display.

Edit: not sure why I said I saw the video on Ebay -- that would be weird -- but I definitely saw it on YouTube.

3. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    It basically has the same functionality of the separate button dedicated for that purpose. Obviously the swing arm senses when it's being closed and turns the panel off placing the EVF on. An visa versa.

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Thanks fellas, that's good.