Question for those that bought a VF-1 new.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by OzRay, Sep 14, 2010.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I purchased a VF-1, from a reputable camera store (one from which I've purchased a lot of Olympus gear) via auction on eBay (only bidder, so got it for Au$59). The blurb said brand new, fully boxed with instructions. It came wrapped in some thin foam wrap, no box, no instructions. I've gone back to the store to ask why it was not delivered as described, but I also wanted to find out whether the VF-1 comes with covers for the front and rear lens, before I decide to take things further. So any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ray

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Ray, there are no covers for that finder.
    The box, wrap and instructions are all that come with it.

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Yeah no caps and no case either. It also could have been taken out of an e-p1/17mm bundle, which came with the finder.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Thanks all. I got an e-mail from the store and yes, there were ones with the box etc, but others were ones separated from a kit, but they hadn't changed the add. It's quite a neat unit and complements the camera very well, though I wish it came with a pouch like the VF-2, as I can see the front lens especially getting marked fairly easily if not careful.

Cheers

Ray

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I started using the VF-2 pouch for the VF-1, since it doesn't really do the vf-2 justice! Got a small padded zip-up leather pouch for the VF2, for a little more protection and a better place to keep the inevitably lost plastic cover for the electronic coupling.