Question for glasses wearers

Cpk

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Chris Kline
The lens for your glasses, did any one search out options like Zeiss glass, or others? I am looking at new frames and I would like to go with glass as I've had plastic the last tens years and they end up needing to be replaced after a while.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
Lens technology has changed greatly in the past few years. For many perscriptions, they are now able to custom map a lens to your eye. Ask about your options before making any decisions.

Good luck,

--Ken

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
I have a strong prescription so they have only offered me expensive high-index plastic since I was still a kid. :p Without that, I would be wearing coke bottles. I have a vague recollection of my real young childhood days wearing glass glasses, and how nice and durable (in particular - scratch free) they were.

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
I too wear high-index lenses. As a kid, I wore glass lenses because my dad insisted they were better than plastic. Perhaps they were in the '70s, but they were *heavy*. I love my high-index lenses. They're light weight, durable and much more comfortable than glass.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am cheap... er... frugal. I get mine from great eyeglasses.com and generally pay less than $100 complete. Cheap enough that I don't worry about replacing them once in a while.

Then again... my script is pretty mild.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LeeOsenton

Mu-43 Button Clicker
Real Name
Lee Osenton
I just bought new glasses and finally caved in and got plastic lenses. They are very light but give a slight looking through handi-wrap effect. I'm undecided if it is in my head or not, but I'm probably going back to glass.

Lee

Mogul

Mu-43 Regular
I have excellent distant vision since bilateral cataract surgery several years ago, but must wear reading glasses. This, of course, necessitates my wearing reading glasses to make camera settings, which must be removed to compose. I found the solution in inexpensive pre-ground glasses with a reading insert inset as a bi-focal spot at the bottom of plain lenses. Since I have worn glasses since I was 11years old, I do not find this inconvenient. However, the pre-ground bi-focals I found at Walmart are no longer available there. I have tried large pharmacies and even asked optometrists, but to no avail. Does anyone know a US or on-line source for these glasses? After several years, the few pair I initially bought are wearing out (broken temples) and I am down to my last pair. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Latest threads

Top Bottom