1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Question for all members

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by 0dBm, Sep 9, 2012.

1. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    May I repost a few of your photographs in this thread?

I have sent PMs to a few fellow members; however, it is getting to a bit laborious to do that so I began this thread.

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi
    I read the other hall of fame thread and I think its a wonderful idea. Feel free to pick up any pic from my gallery if u feel its worth it .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    i dont have a real issue with this... but others may get a little nervous about losing control of their images.

I post the majority of my images form Flickr... in order for you to post one of those you would have to download it and then upload it to 'your' gallery....which some people may feel is breaking the chain of evidence as it were on who's image it is.

As I say I dont have a problem in this instance... but others may feel it is setting a precedent.

have you discussed it with Amin and the other Mods?

K

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I would think that getting individual (as opposed to blanket) consent to re-post images would be the way to go with something like this. In what way is it "laborious" to attempt to get consent? Seems to me like a simple (even copy and pasted) one sentence PM should suffice.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Kevin,
    This is a "feeler" thread. If it generates enough interest with few objections, I'll bring it to Amin's attention. If not and ample objections arise, I'll ask that the project be "canned."

Thanks for the input.

6. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    DeejayK,
    Because it involves an individual PM, it has gotten laborious. Remember that we now have many members and many, many more photos posted.

7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    You are welcome to post any of mine on another page on mu-43, though I can't imagine mine will qualify, lol.

8. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I fine with that...not that you'll want any of mine but if you do it's okay by me.

9. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Sounds like a fun idea. I really am looking forward to the thread, and I hope all members with posted photographs take is as a complement.

typed on my phone, sorry.

10. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yeah I understand that these would be individual PMs, I guess I still don't see how that's a major impediment -- how many images are we talking about here? You don't have to PM everyone who's ever posted an image on the forum, only those whose images you are seeking to showcase.

Also, I'm not sure I understand why you would have to download (and apparently re-upload?) these pictures. Can't you just link to them from their current locations? That would seem to address the concern Kevin raised of people "losing control" of their images.

11. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I am in line after you :D. I doubt any of mine will make it either but I am cool with the idea. Infact, I think it'd be great to see all good photos from mu-43 at one place. I don't think you'd have to copy the photograph to your gallery though. On chrome, you can simply right click and copy the image URL and post it in the thread using img tags.

12. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    You can post anything of mine to show what not to do compositionally, LOL!

13. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Good idea, would be great to have a "best of" thread (at least as far as composition goes), based on all our collective pictures...! Feel free to borrow one of mine if you deem it worthy...:)

14. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I would think if people have "image Editing OK" that they'd be fine with this.

15. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Fire away!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

16. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    I'll second that!

17. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    mine, too. i didn't get a PM :rofl:

18. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    agreed, using the IMG tags would work.

19. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    +1 - Same for me. :biggrin:

20. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

On the very odd chance any of my photos are worth reposting ... be my guest. :2thumbs: